We believe cleanliness is essential for the safe use of a communally used BDSM play space. There are certain adult toys and bondage gear that we do not have our dungeons for the simple reason that it is not possible to clean them to safe standard if they were used for more than a single use or by more than one person. Whenever possible we provide single use disposable items. While we ask that renters spray and wipe down the bondage furniture, similar to how one would wipe down equipment at a gym. Following a rental the CDR staff are the ones who clean any furniture, toys and equipment that have been used.
UVee™ Sanitizing Toy Cleaners
UVee™ Sanitizing Toy Cleaners are used in addition to hand washing and spray cleaners to clean any equipment (nipple clamps, leather items, gags, cbt toys, and insertable such as vibrators, 100% silicone dildos and 100% silicone plugs) that can fit inside the 16.5″ x 8.75″ x 5″ units. These UV-C cleaners kill 99.9% of all bacteria, including yeast, E.coli, Salmonella, strep, pseudomonas and other microorganisms using prolonged exposure the UV-C light. This is a sanitizing process similar to that of smart phone and toothbrush sanitizers but specifically designed for adult toys. Additional information: 2013 CDC study confirms the effectiveness of UV-C disinfection to combat harmful pathogens.
A Dry Heat Sterilizer
A Dry Heat Sterilizer is very similar to an autoclave. Our dry heat sterilizer is similar to those used at dental offices and hospitals. We use it to sterilize small metal implements including Wartenburg pinwheels, dilating sounds, dental gags, speculums and hemostats in individually sealed nylon pouches that include a color changing sterilization indicator sticker. Additional information on the dry heat sterilization process: CDC Guideline for Disinfection and Sterilization in Healthcare Facilities.
Simple Green Pro-5 One-Step Disinfectant Cleaner
Simple Green Pro-5 One-Step Disinfectant Cleaner is the primary cleaner at the dungeon and a spray bottle is available in each room. It is appropriate for use on everything except leather and fabric. Simple Green Pro 5 One-Step Disinfectant is an EPA registered, hospital grade disinfectant known for its high performance. The highly versatile concentrate is a disinfectant, cleaner, sanitizer, fungicide, mildewstat, virucide and deodorizer; it is also:
- EPA registered, hospital-grade formula
- Bloodborne pathogen compliant
- Kills HIV-1, Hepatitis B & C, SARS, Staph, MRSA, Pox Virus, Salmonella, E. Coli, Norovirus, Influenza, Athlete’s Foot Fungus and more*
- Helps to prevent the rapid spread of communicable diseases in schools, day care facilities, office buildings, hotels, convenience stores, prisons and other high-traffic facilities
*Simple Green Pro-5 is effective against:
*Adenovirus Type 5 & Type 7
*Avian Infectious Bronchitis Virus
*Avian Influenza Virus (H3N2) & (H5N1)
*Canine Distemper Virus
Community Associated Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (NRS384 / USA300) & (NRS123/ USA400)
Enterococcus faecalis — Vancomycin resistant (VRE)
ESBL Escherichia coli
*Hepatitis B Virus
*Hepatitis C Virus
*Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 & Type 2
*HIV-1 (AIDS virus)
*Influenza Type A / Brazil
*Newcastle’s Disease Virus
*Norwalk Virus [Norovirus]
*Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
*SARS Associated Coronavirus [SARS]
Staphylococcus aureus Methicillin-Resistant (MRSA)
Staphylococcus aureus Multi-Drug Resistant
Vancomyacin Intermediate Resistant (VISA)
Trichophyton mentagrophytes (the Athlete’s Foot Fungus)
For additional information, like Simple Green Pro-5’s ingredients, Safety Data Sheet and Technical Data Sheet, visit the manufacturer’s website.
Sporicidin Antimicrobial Lotion Soap
Sporicidin Antimicrobial Lotion Soap, classified by the FDA as a Healthcare Personnel Surgical Hand Scrub and a First Aid Antiseptic skin wound cleanser, is safe to use as a hand and body soap, to clean wounds and to hand wash small toys and pieces of equipment. It is safe for daily hand washing and is labeled as effective against 99.9% of disease-causing organisms, including both gram-negative & gram-positive bacteria and is available in the CDR bathroom and kitchen. Safety Data Sheet for this soap can be found on the manufacturer’s website.
Features of Sporicidin Antimicrobial Lotion Soap (courtesy of the manufacturer’s website):
- Alcohol-free and Triclosan-free
- Meets FDA criteria as a surgical scrub, health care personnel handwash, and first aid antiseptic wound cleanser
- Broad-spectrum effectiveness against odor-causing and disease-causing microorganisms, including gram positive and gram negative bacteria
- Mildly anesthetic formula promotes healing and relieves discomfort from minor burns, cuts, scratches, abrasions and skin irritations
- Prevents infection
Sporicidin Disinfectant is an EPA-registered hospital disinfectant that meet all of the EPA requirements for disinfection of hard, non-porous surfaces and can be used for a variety of applications. Effective against most common organisms, including H1N1, AIDS, MRSA, Influenza A2, Avian Flu, VRE, TB, Herpes, Escherichia coli (E.coli) and many others. It is also recommended for use in the clean-up of blood and body fluids that pose bacterial, fungal and viral health hazards. Sporicidin is a full spectrum disinfectant that provides 100% kill of vegetative and odor-causing organisms. Sporicidin is in compliance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standard. It is also safe for use on porous materials like leather and soft plastics like the vinyl covering the bondage tables. Efficacy reports and Safety Data Sheets for this disinfectant can be found on the manufacturer’s website.
Features of Sporicidin Disinfectant (courtesy of the manufacturer’s website):
- Sporicidin has been used in hospital, medical and dental environments since 1978 and provides 100% kill of disease and odor-causing organisms.
- Broad Spectrum Disinfectant – no rotation of intermediate disinfectants needed
- EPA registered in all 50 states (including California), and US territories including Puerto Rico
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standards (29 CFR 1910.1030) compliant
- EPA toxicity rating “low/very low”
- Cleans, disinfects, and deodorizes in one step
- Kills bacteriostatic activity up to 6 months, if not removed from the surface
- Fungicidal, bactericidal, virucidal, mildewcidal, and tuburculocidal
- Non-corrosive to surfaces including plastics, latex, vinyl, glass, treated wood, metal, and glazed porcelain
- Contains a pharmaceutical active ingredient system with no harsh chemicals, such as bleach
- Non-staining, non-flammable, and non-abrasive
- Non hazardous formula
- Alcohol-free solution is safe for dental and medical equipment*
Samsung washer and dryer that features sanitize and allergen cycles
Samsung washer and dryer that features sanitize and allergen cycles are used on bed linens, bath towels, bondage rope, cloth blindfolds, etc. The Samsung washer at CDR includes sanitize and allergen cycles which heats the water to 150°F to eliminate up to 99% of bacteria and kill up to 95% of allergens in each laundry load.
Floors are regularly washed with Pine-Sol or Simple Green Pro-5 Disinfectant.
Because cleaning products are only as effective as the way in which they’re used, here’s a run down of how dungeon items are cleaned:
- Depending on the material and type of item they are washed water and soap (Lysol hand soap or Sporicidin Antimicrobial Soap), sprayed and wiped down with Lysol, Sporicidin Disinfectant Spray or the Simple Green Pro-5 to clean the surface.
- With the exception of delicate toys like feathers and rabbit fur mitts, cleaned items are then sprayed with the Simple Green Pro-5 Disinfectant or Sporicidin Disinfectant Spray until they are completely wet.
- Items to sit wet for 10 minutes for the surface to be disinfected.
- Any residual wetness is wiped up with a paper towel.
- Toys that can fit in our dry heat sterilizer or UVee Toy Sanitizers also go through this additional sterilization or sanitization process.
Do you have additional questions about dungeon cleaning? We’d be happy to provide clarification and answer any questions that we are able to. Questions can be sent to email@example.com